Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in Alaska.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your Alaska Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for Alaska here.
Order YOUR Boat Numbers - With Same Day Turn Around
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help?
Here is what you need:
- More information about getting Custom Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Numbers Installation Guide
- SignSpecialist 'No Mess-Up' Installation Guarantee
Excerpt from Alaska Boat Regulations:
Display of Number
If a boat is required to be registered, then the “AK” number assigned to the boat by the Certificate of Number must be painted on or otherwise permanently attached to each side of the forward half of the boat. Boats not required to be registered are also not required to display the number, but doing so speeds identification in the event of an emergency or theft.
• Numbers must be plain, vertical block letters not less than three inches in height. Numbers must contrast with the color of the background and be distinctly visible and legible. They must read left to right and have either a space or hyphen that is the width of a letter or number (except the width of an I or a 1) between each group of letters and numbers (Example: AK 5678 AA or AK–5678–AA).
• A backing plate made of plastic or other suitable material may be used as a surface to place the number if the boat is an inflatable or if the boat is so configured that the number would not easily be seen if it was affixed to the hull or superstructure. • Boat dealers may use a removable backing plate to display the number, but only if the boat is actually being tested or demonstrated.
• Only the registration number officially assigned to a boat may be displayed.
Display of Validation Decals
All boats required to be registered must display the validation decals issued with the Certificate of Number. The decals must be visible when the boat is in operation and displayed within six inches of the registration number on each side of the boat. Only a current decal may be displayed. Expired decals must be covered or removed.
Decals may be applied to a backing plate if the plate is attached to the boat in the proper location and it is impractical to attach the decal directly to the boat. ❞