Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in Iowa.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your Iowa Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for Iowa here.
Order YOUR Boat Numbers - With Same Day Turn Around
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help?
Here is what you need:
- More information about getting Custom Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Numbers Installation Guide
- SignSpecialist 'No Mess-Up' Installation Guarantee
Excerpt from Iowa Boat Regulations:
Registration Decals Iowa registration numbers display:
⦁ The registration number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to the forward half of each side of the vessel, placed for maximum visibility.
⦁ No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
⦁ Number must read from left to right on both sides of the vessel.
⦁ Number color must contrast with the background.
⦁ Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: IA 3717 ZW or IA-3717-ZW
⦁ Decals must be affixed on each side of the vessel, toward the stern of registration number, 4 inches from and in line with the number. ❞