Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in Kansas.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your Kansas Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for Kansas here.
Order YOUR Boat Numbers - With Same Day Turn Around
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help?
Here is what you need:
- More information about getting Custom Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Numbers Installation Guide
- SignSpecialist 'No Mess-Up' Installation Guarantee
Excerpt from Kansas Boat Regulations:
Where do I attach the registration decals and assigned numbers?
Your assigned number must be painted or permanently attached to each side of the forward top half of the boat. Numbers must be vertical block characters at least three inches tall that read from left to right. They must contrast with the background color and be distinctly visible and legible. Spaces or hyphens equal to letter width must separate letter groupings and numeral groupings.
Your assigned number consists of the prefix letters KA, one to four numerals and two suffix letters. For example: KA 123 AA or KA-123-AA. A registration decal will also be issued. This expiration decal remains on your boat for the duration of the three-year registration period. Attach the decal as instructed on the back of the renewal decal.
Registration decals are displayed three inches aft of the assigned number on each side of the boat. Boats registered in Kansas must display only current registration decals. Sailboards shall have the decal attached to the front half of the top of the sailboard. The registration numbers are not required to be displayed on the sailboard. ❞