Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in Minnesota.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your Minnesota Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for Minnesota here.
Order YOUR Boat Numbers - With Same Day Turn Around
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help?
Here is what you need:
- More information about getting Custom Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Numbers Installation Guide
- SignSpecialist 'No Mess-Up' Installation Guarantee
Excerpt from Minnesota Boat Regulations:
The license number issued to your boat appears on the license card and must be displayed as follows: • Numbers must be placed on each side of the forward half of the hull (see illustration on page 6).
• Remove the expired decals first, before applying the new ones.
• The license number must be displayed on your boat as it appears on your license card.
• Letters and numbers must be at least 3 inches high.
• Letters and numbers must be of a block character.
• The MN should be separated from the numbers with either a space equal to a letter or number other than 1 or I.
• Letters should be separated from numbers by a space equal to a letter or number other than 1 or I.
• Must contrast with the background.
• Can be either painted or attached to the craft.
• Should read from left to right and must always be legible.
• The current license decal must be placed toward the stern within 4 inches of the license number