Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in New Jersey.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your New Jersey Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for New Jersey here.
Order YOUR Boat Numbers - With Same Day Turn Around
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help?
Here is what you need:
- More information about getting Custom Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Numbers Installation Guide
- SignSpecialist 'No Mess-Up' Installation Guarantee
Excerpt from New Jersey Boat Regulations:
NUMBERING SYSTEM & DISPLAY
1. Boats will be numbered as follows;
a. The registration numbers assigned shall consist of three (3) parts. The first part, known as the prefix, shall consist of the letters NJ, to indicate the state. The second part, known as the body, shall consist of not more than four (4) numbers. The third part, known as the suffix, shall consist of not more than two (2) letters.
b. The parts shall be separated by a hyphen or an equiv- alent space equal to a number or letter. Examples: NJ-1234-AB NJ 1234 AB
2. The identification number under the New Jersey num- bering system shall be;
a. Painted on or permanently attached to each side of the bow (the forward half) of the vessel, read left to right and in such position as to provide maximum visibility. b. In block characters not less three (3) inches in height.
c. Of a color which will contrast with the color of the background (i.e. dark numbers on a light background or light numbers on a dark background) and so main- tained as to be visible and legible.
3. No other numbers shall be carried on the bow of the vessel. ❞