Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in North Dakota.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your North Dakota Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for North Dakota here.
Order YOUR Boat Numbers - With Same Day Turn Around
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help?
Here is what you need:
- More information about getting Custom Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Numbers Installation Guide
- SignSpecialist 'No Mess-Up' Installation Guarantee
YOU CAN DO IT! We guarantee you will be able to install our boat numbers yourself. We're so sure our vinyl Lettering is easy to install, if you mess up, we'll reship your registration numbers again... FREE.
Excerpt from North Dakota Boat Regulations:
Attaching the Number to the Boat
The number appearing on the Certificate of Number must be painted or permanently attached to each side of the forward half of the vessel near the bow. The number must be in contrasting color to the hull in plain vertical block letters at least three inches in height excluding any border, trim, outlining or shading, and must be maintained in a legible condition so that it is clearly visible in daylight hours.
The number shall read from left to right, and groups of numbers and letters must be separated by a space or a hyphen equivalent in width to the letter "M." A validation sticker issued by the Department must be displayed on the boat within 6 inches of the number, toward the rear of the boat. No other numbers are to be displayed in this area. ❞