Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in Rhode Island.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your Rhode Island Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for Rhode Island here.
Order YOUR Boat Numbers - With Same Day Turn Around
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help?
Here is what you need:
- More information about getting Custom Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Numbers Installation Guide
- SignSpecialist 'No Mess-Up' Installation Guarantee
Excerpt from Rhode Island Boat Regulations:
Position of Vessel Numbers and Registration Decal
The registration numbers assigned to a vessel must be placed on said vessel. These numbers must be at least three inches high; must be of a contrasting color to the background upon which they are placed; must be painted or attached to each side of the forward half of the vessel and so positioned to read from left to right and be distinctly visible and legible except as allowed by § 1.18(D) of this Part.
In addition to the registration number, each registered vessel must display the assigned registration decal to be affixed within three inches to the right of the registration number. No other numbers and only current decals shall be displayed. The numbers and decal must be displayed so that there is a space between the prefix (state abbreviation), four numerals, the suffix (letter or letters) and the decal. The width of the space between each must be at least the width of a numeral or letter other than 1 or I. ❞