Boat Registration Numbers don't have to be basic...
You are required, by
law, to display the registration number of your vessel in the form of a boat
decal or something else that can be seen from a reasonable distance. But
instead of just placing a boat decal with your boat number on it, why not
go for something creative, something unique, something that is completely…YOU!
yourself with boat decals
We have a wide range of ready-to-use, professionally designed boat decal graphics, fonts, sizes, color options
and text decoration that you can select through our Boat Registration Number design tool.
We only use high quality, professional grade materials
Our boat numbers and decals are made
from high performance cast and calendared PVC vinyls with special low intial tac adhesive that allows repositioning. That means, even if you’ve made a mistake
while installing the boat decal, no worries, you can easily reposition it. In regards to the longevity, your boat decals can be expected to stay in place in near perfect condition for at least 7 years; with no maintenance!
Registration Number Display and Size information
The following is a basic list of requirements for displaying registration numbers on marine vessels:
- Numbers must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow where no other number may be displayed.
- Numbers must read from left to right on both sides of the bow.
- Numbers must be in at least three inches in height.
- Number’s color must contrast with its background.
- Letters must be separated from the numbers by a hyphen or a space: TN-1234-ZW or TN 1234 ZW. NOTE: Unless a hyphen is included with the numbers when you place your order, by default you will receive your registration numbers separated with spaces.
- Decals may be placed to the left or right of the registration number on both sides of the bow.
For links to state-specific information about boat registration numbers, click HERE.