Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in Alabama.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your Alabama Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for Alabama here.
Order YOUR Boat Numbers - With Same Day Turn Around
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help?
Here is what you need:
- More information about getting Custom Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Numbers Installation Guide
- SignSpecialist 'No Mess-Up' Installation Guarantee
Excerpt from Alabama Boat Regulations:
Your permanent registration number appears on the right- hand side of the certificate preceded by the letters AL. The number contains 1 to 4 digits plus the 2-letter suffix following the number. This number remains with the boat regardless of change of ownership within the state.
The registration number must be placed on each side of the bow of the vessel for which it was purchased, in such a position as will make it clearly visible at all times. The number must be displayed in three parts with a hyphen or space separating each part, i.e.: AL-1234-AA, and be of a color that contrasts with the background of the boat -- dark on light or light on dark. Numbers shall be BLOCK characters, not less that 76 mm (3 inches) in height, excluding borders and must be of good proportion. Characters of varying thickness, slanted characters, and scroll-type characters are not acceptable. No number other than the number issued shall be displayed on either side of the bow. The validation decal must be affixed within 152 mm (6 inches) before or after and in line with the registration number on port and starboard bow.