Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in California.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your California Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for California here.
Order YOUR Boat Numbers - With Same Day Turn Around
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help?
Here is what you need:
- More information about getting Custom Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Numbers Installation Guide
- SignSpecialist 'No Mess-Up' Installation Guarantee
Excerpt from California Boat Regulations:
What Are the Regulations for the Vessel Registration Number?
The vessel registration number (CF number) issued by the department must be displayed as follows:
⦁ Painted on or permanently attached to each side of the forward half of the vessel.
⦁ Be in plain vertical block characters of not less than three inches in height.
⦁ Be arranged so that it it reads from left to right.
⦁ Contrast with the color of the background so that it is distinctly visible and legible.
⦁ Have spaces or hyphens that are equal to the width of a letter other than "I" or a number other than "1" between the prefix and the number, and the number and the suffix. See the example below.