Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in Iowa.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your Iowa Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for Iowa here.
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help? Here is what you need:
YOU CAN DO IT! We guarantee you will be able to install our boat numbers yourself. We're so sure our vinyl Lettering is easy to install, if you mess up, we'll reship your registration numbers again... FREE.
What are the size and requirements for Iowa boat numbers?Excerpt from Iowa Boat Regulations:
• The registration number must be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to the forward half of each side of the vessel, placed for maximum visibility.
• No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow.
• Number must read from left to right on both sides of the vessel.
• Number color must contrast with the background.
• Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space or hyphen: IA 3717 ZW or IA-3717-ZW
• Decals must be affixed on each side of the vessel, toward the stern of registration number, 4 inches from and in line with the number.