Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in Maryland.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your Maryland Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for Maryland here.
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help? Here is what you need:
YOU CAN DO IT! We guarantee you will be able to install our boat numbers yourself. We're so sure our vinyl Lettering is easy to install, if you mess up, we'll reship your registration numbers again... FREE.
What are the size and requirements for Maryland boat numbers?Excerpt from Maryland Boat Regulations:
The vessel number issued to a MD titled vessel must be painted on or otherwise permanently attached to each side of the forward half of the vessel (the bow). No other number can be displayed near the vessel number.
Display of Numbers and Validation DecalsThe registration decal set (two 3" x 3"decals) and the 3" round dealer-issued temporary decals must be displayed within 3" of the vessel number. Vessels must display boat number and current decals, and have the registration card on board and available for inspection whenever the boat is in use.
- Reading from left to right
- Plain vertical block characters 3" high or larger
- Contrasting color to the boat hull or background
- Placed as high above the waterline as practical
- Letters separated from numbers by hyphens or spaces.