Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in Minnesota.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your Minnesota Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for Minnesota here.
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help? Here is what you need:
YOU CAN DO IT! We guarantee you will be able to install our boat numbers yourself. We're so sure our vinyl Lettering is easy to install, if you mess up, we'll reship your registration numbers again... FREE.
What are the size and requirements for Minnesota boat numbers?Excerpt from Minnesota Boat Regulations:
The license number issued to your boat appears on the license card and must be displayed as follows:
• Numbers must be placed on each side of the forward half of the hull (see illustration on page 6).
• Remove the expired decals first, before applying the new ones.
• The license number must be displayed on your boat as it appears on your license card.
• Letters and numbers must be at least 3 inches high.
• Letters and numbers must be of a block character.
• The MN should be separated from the numbers with either a space equal to a letter or number other than 1 or I.
• Letters should be separated from numbers by a space equal to a letter or number other than 1 or I.
• Must contrast with the background.
• Can be either painted or attached to the craft.
• Should read from left to right and must always be legible.
• The current license decal must be placed toward the stern within 4 inches of the license number