Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in Ohio.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your Ohio Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for Ohio here.
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help? Here is what you need:
YOU CAN DO IT! We guarantee you will be able to install our boat numbers yourself. We're so sure our vinyl Lettering is easy to install, if you mess up, we'll reship your registration numbers again... FREE.
What are the size and requirements for Ohio boat numbers?Excerpt from Ohio Boat Regulations:
The number assigned is in three parts beginning with "OH" followed by four numbers and two letters.
The number shall:
• be placed on each side of the forward half of the watercraft;
• read from left to right;
• be in block characters of good proportion;
• be a minimum of 3 inches in height;
• be one color and contrast with the background or boat color;
• be separated by a hyphen or equivalent space between the prefix and suffix;
• be maintained to be clearly visible and legible.
Two registration tags are issued with each traditional boat registration. On numbered boats the owner shall securely affix the tags on each side of the bow six inches toward the stern from the number.The tags must be clearly visible in normal conditions and affixed prior to operation of the watercraft. Documented boats must display one tag on the port side and one on the starboard side.