Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in Washington.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your Washington Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for Washington here.
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help? Here is what you need:
YOU CAN DO IT! We guarantee you will be able to install our boat numbers yourself. We're so sure our vinyl Lettering is easy to install, if you mess up, we'll reship your registration numbers again... FREE.
What are the size and requirements for Washington boat numbers?Excerpt from Washington Boat Regulations:
Vessel registration and display Vessel owners must display registration numbers and decals on the vessel's bow as shown. Vessel registration numbers must be visible from the outside of the vessel. You may paint or permanently attach the number directly to the vessel or use a backing plate if you have a rubber boat or your boat is not built so the numbers would be otherwise visible. Registration numbers remain with the vessel permanently. Documented vessels Federal regulations prohibit the display of the WN registration number on vessels documented with the U.S. Coast Guard. You also must meet all Washington Stateregistration requirements. Display state registration decals on the forward half of the vessel so they are easily visible or law enforcement.
Registration numbers and letters must:
• Have a hyphen or equivalent space etween the three segments of the number
• Be BLOCK style
• Be painted or attached to both sides of he bow
• Be at least 3 inches high
• Contrast with the color of the background
• Be distinctly visible
• Always read from left to right