Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in Illinois.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your Illinois Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for Illinois here.
Order YOUR Boat Numbers - With Same Day Turn Around
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help?
Here is what you need:
- More information about getting Custom Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Numbers Installation Guide
- SignSpecialist 'No Mess-Up' Installation Guarantee
YOU CAN DO IT! We guarantee you will be able to install our boat numbers yourself. We're so sure our vinyl Lettering is easy to install, if you mess up, we'll reship your registration numbers again... FREE.
Excerpt from Illinois Boat Regulations:
Registration Number Display
The owner of the watercraft shall paint on or attach to both sides of the bow (front) of the boat the registration number, which shall be of block characters at least 3 inches in height. The figures shall read from left to right, be of contrasting color to their background and be maintained in a legible condition. No other numbers shall be displayed on the bow.
A space shall be provided between the letters “IL” and the assigned number and another space between the assigned number and the letters which follow. A vessel that is covered by a valid marine document must display current expiration decals, but is exempt from the requirement to display an Illinois registration number. Operators of non-powered watercraft, such as jon boats, canoes and kayaks are not required to obtain Illinois registration numbers, but instead shall purchase a Water Usage Stamp. ❞