Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in South Dakota.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your South Dakota Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for South Dakota here.
Order YOUR Boat Numbers - With Same Day Turn Around
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help?
Here is what you need:
- More information about getting Custom Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Numbers Installation Guide
- SignSpecialist 'No Mess-Up' Installation Guarantee
YOU CAN DO IT! We guarantee you will be able to install our boat numbers yourself. We're so sure our vinyl Lettering is easy to install, if you mess up, we'll reship your registration numbers again... FREE.
Excerpt from South Dakota Boat Regulations:
⦁ The boat number assigned to your boat can be found on your boat license registration.
⦁ The number may be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow of your boat.
⦁ The numbers must be at minimum 3 inches high and in block letters.
⦁ The numbers color must contrast clearly against the background color of the boat.
⦁ Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space: SD 123 AB or SD 1234 YZ.
⦁ The number must be affixed so it is clearly visible and readable at a distance of 100 feet when the vessel is in the water.
⦁ The number on each side of the boat must be placed so it is read from left to right.
⦁ Your boat validation stickers must be affixed on both sides of the bow, adjacent to an in line with the boat number.
⦁ No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow. ❞