Before you head to the water, two things you need to do to be legal in South Dakota.
- Register and get your Registration Boat Numbers. Click here to get your South Dakota Boat Validation Numbers.
- Order your Boat Registration Decals and get them FAST, ... with guaranteed 'no mess-up' installation. You can order your Boat Validation Numbers stickers for South Dakota here.
Order YOUR Boat Numbers - With Same Day Turn Around
Want to know more? Worried about getting them in time for your trip down to the water? Need help?
Here is what you need:
- More information about getting Custom Boat Registration Numbers
- Boat Numbers Installation Guide
- SignSpecialist 'No Mess-Up' Installation Guarantee
Excerpt from South Dakota Boat Regulations:
⦁ The boat number assigned to your boat can be found on your boat license registration.
⦁ The number may be painted, applied as a decal, or otherwise affixed to both sides of the bow of your boat.
⦁ The numbers must be at minimum 3 inches high and in block letters.
⦁ The numbers color must contrast clearly against the background color of the boat.
⦁ Letters must be separated from the numbers by a space: SD 123 AB or SD 1234 YZ.
⦁ The number must be affixed so it is clearly visible and readable at a distance of 100 feet when the vessel is in the water.
⦁ The number on each side of the boat must be placed so it is read from left to right.
⦁ Your boat validation stickers must be affixed on both sides of the bow, adjacent to an in line with the boat number.
⦁ No other numbers may be displayed on either side of the bow. ❞